Are you currently enrolled in Medicare? Are you satisfied with your Medicare health plan or prescription plan? Have your health needs changed in the past year? If you answered yes to any of these questions, between October 15th and December 7th, Medicare beneficiaries have the opportunity to change their Medicare health or prescription plan without incurring a fee. Medicare health plans can vary in benefits and cost, so shopping around is advisable. If you’re happy with your current health plan, you don’t have to do anything.
During enrollment period, beneficiaries are able to:
• Change from Original Medicare (Part A&B) to a Medicare Advantage Plan (Part C).
• Change from a Medicare Advantage Plan back to Original Medicare.
• Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another Medicare Advantage Plan.
• Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage.
• Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage.
• Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (Part D).
• Switch from one Medicare Prescription Drug Plan to another Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
• Drop your Medicare prescription drug coverage completely.
To compare plans, click here.
Note, dental coverage is not a guaranteed benefit under Original Medicare. However, certain Medicare Advantage Plans can cover dental, vision, hearing, and/or health and wellness programs. However, to maintain good oral health and overall health, always make sure to follow these preventative measures:
• Brush teeth twice a day for 2 minutes
• Floss once a day
• Use alcohol free mouth wash to avoid dry mouth
• Replace your tooth brush every 3 months and store in a dry place to avoid bacteria build up
• Use a soft bristle tooth brush
• Remove dentures at night
• Brush dentures with a denture brush
For any questions, visit Medicare.gov or Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) 24-hours a day/7 days a week to find out more about your coverage options. TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048.comments powered by Disqus