Last updated: August 16, 2017
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) carefully before using the https://www.toothwisdom.org website (the “Service” or “Website”) operated by Oral Health America (“OHA” “us”, “we”, or “our”).
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned upon your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who wish to access or use the Service.
We may revise and update these Terms from time to time in our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when we post them, and apply to all access to and use of the Website thereafter. By continuing to access or use our Service after any revisions are made and posted, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, you are no longer authorized to use the Service.
The Service and its original content, features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of Oral Health America. The Service is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries.
OHA’s name, the terms Oral Health America, Tooth Wisdom, OHA’s logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of OHA or its affiliates or licensors. You may not use or reproduce these names and symbols without the prior written permission of OHA. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
OHA will periodically publish articles on the Website.
These Terms permit you to use the Website for personal, educational and otherwise non-commercial use only. You may not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on our Website, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials online.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print and otherwise reproduce copies of content from the Website for personal, educational and other non-commercial uses provided that all such reproductions contain the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) from which the content was taken and notice of Oral Health of America’s ownership and copyright of the content as follows. “Materials used with permission of Oral Health America, https://www.toothwisdom.org, Copyright 2017 Oral Health America, all rights reserved.”
- You may share web page links to your own personal social media accounts (such as to LinkedIn or Facebook) and use social media features provided by the Website to take such actions as are enabled by such features.
You may not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
You may not access or use any part of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website for any commercial purposes.
If you print, copy, modify, download or otherwise use or provide any other person with access to any part of the Website in breach of the Terms, your right to use the Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. No right, title or interest in or to the Website or any content on the Website is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by OHA. Any use of the Website not expressly permitted by these Terms is a breach of these Terms and may violate copyright, trademark and other laws.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Oral Health America.
Oral Health America has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. We do not warrant the offerings of any of these entities/individuals or their websites.
You acknowledge and agree that Oral Health America shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such third party web sites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third party web sites or services that you visit.
We may terminate or suspend your access to the Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, under our sole discretion, for any reason whatsoever and without limitation, including but not limited to a breach of the Terms.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Terms or the Website shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of Illinois in each case located in the City of Chicago and County of Cook, although we retain the right to bring any suit, action or proceeding against you for breach of these Terms in your country of residence or any other relevant country. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
Waiver and Severability
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have had between us regarding the Service.
If any provision of these Terms is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms will continue in full force and effect.
You may use the Website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You agree not to use the Website:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate OHA, an OHA employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm OHA or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for the purpose of reproducing Website content not expressly permitted under this Agreement, or without the consent of OHA.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with systems, storage, programs, code, servers, processors, or networks either owned or managed by OHA or its agents, or otherwise impairs OHA’s or its agents’ proper operation of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other materials which are malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
The information contained on the https://www.toothwisdom.org website (the “Service” or “Website”) is for general information purposes only and should not be a substitute for professional dental or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your dentist or physician or other qualified health professional.
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or any services or items obtained through the Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Your use of the Website, its content and any services or items obtained through the Website is at your own risk. The Website, its content and any services or items obtained through the Website are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Neither OHA nor any person associated with OHA makes any warranty or representation with respect to the completeness, security, reliability, quality, accuracy or availability of the Website. Without limiting the foregoing, neither OHA nor anyone associated with OHA represents or warrants that the Website, its content or any services or items obtained through the Website will be accurate, reliable, error-free or uninterrupted, that defects will be corrected, that our site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components or that the Website or any services or items obtained through the Website will otherwise meet your needs or expectations.
OHA hereby disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, non-infringement and fitness for particular purpose.
The foregoing does not affect any warranties which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Limitation on Liability and Indemnification
In no event will OHA, its affiliates or their licensors, service providers, employees, agents, officers or directors be liable for damages of any kind, under any legal theory, arising out of or in connection with your use, or inability to use, the Website, any websites linked to it, any content on the Website or such other websites or any services or items obtained through the Website or such other websites, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, including but not limited to, personal injury, pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of business or anticipated savings, loss of use, loss of goodwill, loss of data, and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
The foregoing does not affect any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Oral Health America does not warrant that the Website is free of viruses or other harmful components.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless OHA, its affiliates, licensors and service providers, and its and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, successors and assigns from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to your violation of these Terms or your use of the Website, including, but not limited to, your User Contributions, any use of the Website’s content, services and products other than as expressly authorized in these Terms or your use of any information obtained from the Website.
Find Care Affordable Clinic Search
Oral Health America does not endorse the dental clinics listed in the Find Care tool. The tool is meant to serve as a guide to finding low-cost, affordable care. Oral Health America is not responsible for any medical treatments, medical malpractice, cost discrepancies, promises made, or any other activities that occur at these clinics.
The Tooth Wisdom Website (https://www.toothwisdom.org) may contain links to external websites that are not provided or maintained by or in any way affiliated with Oral Health America.
Please note that Oral Health America does not guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of any information on these external websites. Oral Health America does not endorse these external websites nor receive any monetary or physical incentives from them. Information on the external sites should not be a substitute for professional, dental, or medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your dentist or physician or other qualified health professional.
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions or Disclaimer, please contact us at [email protected] or call 312.836.9900.